Friday, May 4, 2007

Week 5 - Play Week


It's play week! The Generator Blog website had many many fun toys to play with and I could easily spend a great of time with the various imaging tools or create a gangsta, pirate, or prison name for myself. I created the avatar and enjoyed spending some time to play with things that I have not spent the time to learn about or play with previously.

I created an account with Library Thing and added some books to my shelf. My books can be found at http://www.librarything.com/profile/iseibert and are a mix of things I have on the shelves at home. The direction again were a little vague with this task. The instructions said to link my catalog to this blog but there is not a button or tab to do so. After a few minutes I found that my URL is listed in the "your profile" tab.

The Rollyo website seems like a good idea to limit search to known sources or sources which others have recommended. It weeds out a lot of the google garbage if you are doing some research or dont' want to sift through all the returns from a generic search. Again, the instructions on posting a link to your blog are vague because Rollyo does not have an option to do so easily. I sent myself an email link from the tools option and received the following link which doesn't seem to list the searchroll I created, http://rollyo.com/iseibert/ians_searchroll/.

No comments: