Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Week 1

The 23 Things Program, based upon the introduction and first weeks lesson, seems to be a very good tool to educate the library staff on the new technologies being used by the public. It is my experience that many new technologies are adapted quickly by those who are either school age or those who are retirement age that have the time and desire to learn (play) with the new technology. Most of the working community does not want to devote the personal time to experiment with something that does not provide an immediate benefit to their lives or provide a source of relaxing entertainment. The responsibilities of work and home do not leave the amount of free time necessary to explore new technologies. Although I am a comfortable with technology and enjoy using it to my advantage, I fall into this category as well as this is my first blogging experience.

No comments: