Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Week 9 - Podcasts, Video and Downloadable audio

And now it comes down to YouTube, second only to MySpace with complaints from patrons (and some staff) concerning the content that is viewed. Again, I find YouTube to be entertainment, some of the clips and collages of video are very entertaining. The clip I added is a Weird Al Yankovic style song with clips from the Star Wars movies. If you're a fan, then you will understand the lyrics and humor of the clip.

The ask a ninja series is great, I have seen several of the videos and they are very "creative", and less informative.

What's next? What no step to create our own MySpace accounts? We don't get to become each others friends and see who can collect the most friends? Seriously, MySpace did have some bad PR and rough beginnings, but the site has become very mainstreamed and removed a great deal of the garbage. Several friends have asked why I don't have a MySpace page, and I had been using this exercise as an excuse, explaining that the library is doing a technology excercise and I thought we would create one. Oh well, maybe this could be included in a later version.


No comments: